New Vacancy: Lifting Equipment Engineer
Plant and Safety Limited are a national provider of Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services. We strive to deliver the best customer service and ensure that our customer’s people and their equipment remain both safe and compliant.
Due to continued growth, Plant and Safety are looking for a Lifting Equipment Engineer to join our business. The candidate should be located in the West Midlands, ideally within driving distance from our Head Office located in Shenstone, Lichfield.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working on various customer sites across a wide range of sectors within the West Midlands and surrounding areas. Further travel may be required from time to time depending on customer requirements.
- Completing statutory examinations on lifting equipment and accessories including overhead cranes, hoists, slings, shackles, chains, and wire ropes etc
- Advising customers on on their legal requirements as defined under the relevant regulations
- Completing maintenance, repairs, and installations of lifting equipment (if this is within your skill set)
- Carrying out on site testing on lifting equipment including runway beams, lift shift beams, and crane systems
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical engineering background with relevant qualifications (i.e. Apprenticeship, NVQ, Diploma, Degree etc)
- LEEA qualifications are preferred, but not essential
- Minimum of 3 years experience within the industry completing lifting equipment inspections
- Experience with maintaining, completing repairs, and installing fixed lifting equipment is preferred, but not essential. Equipment should include Overhead Gantry Cranes, Hoists, and Swing Jibs etc.
- Experience in completing on site testing on lifting equipment in line with the relevant British Standards
Salary and Benefits
- Full time – Permanent
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle and Private Usage
- Company Mobile Phone
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year
- 3% Minimum Company Pension Contributions
- Further development and training opportunities
How to Apply for the Role
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, then please email us with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. A member of our team will be in touch once we have recieved your email.
T: 0330 113 7920
Plant and Safety Ltd, Birmingham Road, Shenstone, Staffordshire, WS14 0LB
About Plant and Safety Limited
Plant and Safety Limited are the UK trading business for the LB International Group, which operates from the Middle East, and Africa. Plant and Safety are national providers of Inspection, Testing, Certification, and Training Services on equipment within the work place including lifting equipment, work equipment, plant equipment, and access equipment. Plant and Safety Limited are an NPORS Approved and Accredited Training Provider. As an NPORS approved training provider, NPORS course attendees will be issued with an NPORS Training Certificate.