PLANT AND SAFETY
Plant and Safety Limited Training are a specialist training provider with industry leading expertise in providing training courses in Health and Safety, Working at Height, Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations, and Plant and Machinery Operations. We have over 50 training courses available which can be provided at your own premises for your convenience.
Employers are required to provide suitable and relevant training to employees under Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA). Our training services will ensure that you are able to meet your legal obligations as an employer, whilst also ensuring that your employees are able to work safely and effectively. Remember that your equipment is only as good as the operator.
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS), National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS), The Regularity Body for Workplace Transport Training (RTITB), the Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG), and the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING COURSES
Our Health and Safety training services are designed around ensuring that employers and employees understand their legal obligations in managing health and safety, are able to identify and assess risks, and also work safer and more effectively within the workplace. Our training courses will reduce the risk of accidents and injuries by increasing awareness and knowledge in working safely.
Our Health and Safety training courses include:
- Health and Safety for Managers and Directors
- Health and Safety for Supervisors
- Work Place Risk Assessments
- Control of Contractors: On Site
- Manual Handling
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- First Aid: In the Workplace
- First Aid: Refresher
- Abrasive Wheel
- Safe use of Manual and Powered Pallet Trucks
WORKING AT HEIGHT TRAINING COURSES
Working at Height remains one of the biggest causes of fatalities and major injuries. The Working at Height Regulations (WAH) were introduced in 2005, and applies wherever there is any risk of personal injury as a result of a fall. This includes any work above a ground/ floor level.
Our Working at Height training courses are designed to increase awareness of the risks when working at height, whilst ensuring that you are able to work at height safely on a wide range of equipment.
Our Working at Height training courses include:
- Working at Height: Awareness and Regulations
- Safe Use and Operation of Access Platforms (MEWPS)
- Safe Use of Mobile Scaffold Towers
- Safe Use and Inspection of Ladders
- Safe Use and Inspection of Safety Harnesses
NPORS Accredited Training Courses
Plant and Safety Limited are a Nationally recognised NPORS (National Plant Operator Registration Scheme) Accredited Training Provider, offering a wide range of NPORS Accredited and NPORS Approved Training courses, all of which can be delivered at our customer’s premises, ensuring a convenient and cost effective approach to training.
LIFTING EQUIPMENT AND LIFTING OPERATIONS TRAINING COURSES
The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER 1998) that requires all lifting operations to be properly planned by a competent person, appropriately supervised, and carried out in a safe manner. Our Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment training courses include:
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations Overview (LOLER 1998)
- Lifting Equipment Inspection/ Thorough Examination
- Slinger and Signaller
- Crane and Lift Supervisor
- Appointed Person
- Safe Operation and Use of Overhead Gantry Cranes (Operator)
- Safe Operation and Use of Lorry Mounted Cranes (Operator)
PLANT AND MACHINERY OPERATION TRAINING COURSES
Operating Plant and Machinery equipment can significantly increase the risk of potential accidents, injuries, and fatalities. They should only be operated by someone who is competent and trained to operate the equipment safely.
Our training courses include:
- Safe Use and Operation of Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks
- Safe Use and Operation of Balance Forklift Trucks
- Safe Use and Operation of Side Loading Forklift Trucks
- Safe Use and Operation of Telescopic Material Handlers (Telehandlers)
- Pre and Post use Inspections: Forklift Truck and Telehandlers
- Safe Use and Operation of Hydraulic Excavators (180 or 360 Degrees)
- Safe Use and Operation of Dump Trucks (Forward and Rear Tipping)
WHY CHOOSE PLANT AND SAFETY?
Our team has extensive experience in providing Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services across all sectors within the UK. Our team of passionate industry experts work closely with our customers to keep their equipment and their people both safe and compliant
All of our services are backed by an extensive list of nationally recognised Accreditations and Industry Body Memberships. Our Accreditations and Memberships include ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, NPORS, CHAS, Safecontractor, Safe PQQ, ROSPA, and the British Safety Council
National Service Provider
Plant and Safety are a national provider of Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services. Our national team of highly qualified, experienced, and competent trainers and engineers work closely with our customers to keep equipment and people both safe and compliant
Online Inspection Database
All of our Testing, Inspection, and Certification customers are automatically granted with access to our online inspection database to download examination reports for any equipment certified by Plant and Safety. Our inspection database runs on the industry leading ‘Motion Kinetic’ software