New Vacancy: Inspection and Testing Engineer (Scotland)
Plant and Safety Limited are a national provider of Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services. We strive to deliver the best customer service and ensure that our customer’s people and their equipment remain both safe and compliant.
Due to continued growth, Plant and Safety are looking for Inspection and Testing Engineers to join our business, supporting customers at both a regional and national level. This role is located in Scotland, with applications from all regions in Scotland to be considered.
A full clean driving licence and a DBS check will be required, along with a friendly and professional approach when dealing with inspection work .
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working on various customer sites across a wide range of sectors within your allocated region. Further national travel may be required from time to time depending on customer requirements.
- Completing statutory Thorough Examinations and Inspections on all types of equipment such as Lifting Equipment, Work Equipment, Plant and Access Equipment, Pressure Systems, and Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems (LEV’s)
- Reporting on statutory examinations in accordance with relevant Legislation, Regulations, and Standards (i.e. LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, PSSR 2000, COSHH 2002 etc).
- Advising and supporting customers on their legal requirements as defined under the relevant regulations
- Completing maintenance, repairs, and installations of lifting equipment (if this is within your skill set)
- Carrying out on-site proof load testing on lifting equipment including runway beams, lift shift beams, and crane systems (if this is within your skill set)
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical engineering background with relevant qualifications (i.e. Apprenticeship, NVQ, Diploma, Degree etc)
- Relevant training qualifications for any/ all disciplines (LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, COSHH).
- Minimum of 3 years experience within the statutory inspections or relevant maintenance industry
- Experience with maintaining, completing repairs, and installing fixed lifting equipment is preferred, but not essential. Equipment should include Overhead Gantry Cranes, Hoists, and Swing Jibs etc.
- Experience in completing on site testing on lifting equipment in line with the relevant British/ International Standards
Salary and Benefits
- Full time – Permanent
- Competitive Salary
- Company Van and Private Usage
- Company Mobile Phone
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year
- 3% Minimum Company Pension Contributions
- Further development and training opportunities
- Additional bonus scheme
How to Apply for the Role
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, then please email us with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. A member of our team will be in touch once we have received your email.
T: 0330 113 7920
Plant and Safety Ltd, Birmingham Road, Shenstone, Staffordshire, WS14 0LB
About Plant and Safety Limited
Plant and Safety Limited are the UK trading business for the LB International Group, which operates from the Middle East, and Africa. Plant and Safety are national providers of Inspection, Testing, Certification, and Training Services on equipment within the work place including lifting equipment, work equipment, plant equipment, and access equipment. Plant and Safety Limited are an NPORS Approved and Accredited Training Provider. As an NPORS approved training provider, NPORS course attendees will be issued with an NPORS Training Certificate.