LOLER INSPECTION AND REPORT OF THOROUGH
EXAMINATION TRAINING COURSE:
LIFTING EQUIPMENT AND ACCESSORIES
LOLER Inspection and Report of Thorough Examination Training Course: Portable Lifting Equipment and Accessories
Learn how to carry out a LOLER Inspection on Portable Lifting Equipment and Accessories
Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories are a common item found within the workplace. In accordance with LOLER 1998, Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories must receive a Thorough Examination by a competent person typically every 6 or 12 months. This is often referred to as a LOLER Inspection.
Our LOLER lifting equipment inspection training courses are designed to designed to provide the necessary knowledge and training qualifications to allow a person to carry out a thorough examination and inspection service on portable lifting equipment and lifting accessories within the work place. The training course is available as a Plant and Safety Certified training course, or an NPORS Accredited training course. The NPORS course reference is NPORS N019 Report of Thorough Examination.
Our training courses meet the latest standards set by the Accrediting Bodies Association – Workplace Transport (ABA) and the National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS), who are advised by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Plant and Safety are an NPORS Accredited and Approved National Training Provider. Our training courses can be delivered at your premises or at our training centre located in Lichfield – West Midlands/ Staffordshire.
LOLER Inspection and Report of Thorough Examination Training Course - Portable Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories (NPORS Ref: N019)
Training Course Name:
- Thorough Examination of Portable Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories Training Course (Plant and Safety Course Name)
- NPORS Report of Thorough Examination Training Course (NPORS Training Course Ref: N019)
To teach the delegate how to carry out a thorough examination and inspection of portable lifting equipment and lifting accessories in accordance with the requirements of LOLER 1998. Typical equipment covered within this training course includes shackles, eyebolts, hooks, fibre slings, chain slings, wire rope slings, shackles, clamps, turnbuckles, and hooks etc
This LOLER inspection training course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- To have a basic understanding of the relevant regulations including LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as a competent person carrying out inspections of lifting equipment, accessories and attachments.
- To be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data and conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- To be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment, accessories and attachments. Examine their basis construction, explain their uses, applications and functions.
- To be able to interpret and extract information from all relevant documentation
- Explain and demonstrate how to complete a thorough examination inspection report
- Environmental considerations will be covered including ground contamination, debris, and cross contamination
- Carry out all storage and Securing Procedures
Training Course Locations:
Customer site or Plant and Safety Training Centre (Lichfield – West Midlands/ Staffordshire)
Duration and Experience Levels
This course is as a Novice and Refresher training course. The duration of the training course will be 1-2 days (Depending on experience and previous qualifications)
Upon successful completion of this training course, the learner will receive either a Plant and Safety Certified or NPORS Accredited Training Course (Depending on the learners requirements)
Related Lifting Equipment Training Courses
Overhead Gantry Crane Operator Training Course
Manual/ Powered Hoist Operator Training Course
Scaffold Hoist Operator Training Course
Lorry Loader Crane Operator Training Course
Excavator as a Crane Operator Training Course
Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads Operator Training Course
Get a Free Quote for Your LOLER Lifting Equipment
Inspection Training Course Today
Inspection Training Course Today
WHY CHOOSE PLANT AND SAFETY?
Our team has extensive experience in providing Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services across all sectors within the UK. Our team of passionate industry experts work closely with our customers to keep their equipment and their people both safe and compliant
All of our services are backed by an extensive list of nationally recognised Accreditations and Industry Body Memberships. Our Accreditations and Memberships include ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, NPORS, CHAS, Safecontractor, Safe PQQ, ROSPA, and the British Safety Council
National Service Provider
Plant and Safety are a national provider of Testing, Inspection, Certification, and Training Services. Our national team of highly qualified, experienced, and competent trainers and engineers work closely with our customers to keep equipment and people both safe and compliant
Online Inspection Database
All of our Testing, Inspection, and Certification customers are automatically granted with access to our online inspection database to download examination reports for any equipment certified by Plant and Safety. Our inspection database runs on the industry leading ‘Motion Kinetic’ software