Updated: Plant and Safety COVID-19 Statement (For Customers)
The following COVID-19 statement has been revised to v1.2, and is intended to inform our customers on how Plant and Safety will continue to provide our normal compliance services, whilst ensuring the safety and welfare of Plant and Safety personnel.
Plant and Safety is continuously monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 in order to be able to react to the dynamically changing situation at any time and to adapt our measures accordingly.
The health and safety of our customers, employees, suppliers, and members of the public is our top priority. These measures are reviewed on a weekly basis to ensure that any guidance issued by Plant and Safety remains in line with advice and instructions issued by the Government, Health and Safety Executive, World Health Organisation (WHO), and any other relevant bodies who are recognised as advisors during the current COVID-19 Pandemic.
During these difficult times, we anticipate that all our services will continue as normal, however it may take us slightly longer than usual to respond to general enquiries received by phone or email. All customer enquiries should be sent by phone or email to 0330 113 7920 or email@example.com.
Key Service Updates
- Phone/ Email Systems: Our main phone line and email addresses will continue to operate as normal, with all phone
calls being redirected to the relevant teams. If Plant and Safety personnel working from our registered office is deemed unnecessary, then our personnel may be required to work from home. Our phone systems have been configured to redirect phone calls to personnel working from home using our cloud-based phone systems. Note that customers may experience minor delays in our response times when phoning our main phone line whilst the phone system redirects calls to home workers. Note that if any calls are transferred to a voicemail option, we kindly ask for you to leave your name, contact details, and a message. A member of our team will return your call as quickly as possible.
- Social Distancing: Due to the nature of our services being delivered on customer sites/projects, and to ensure
that our services continue as normal, we have instructed all Plant and Safety personnel to follow social distancing guidance issued by the British Government (see www.gov.uk for further information). To avoid unnecessary delays in completing any scheduled work, we kindly ask for all customers to respect and follow the same social distancing guidance. Note that to protect the health and safety of our personnel, we reserve the right to refuse to carry out any site based work if customers are unable to follow the Social Distancing Guidance.
- Customer Signatories: As a temporary measure during the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will no
longer require or ask any customers/ third parties on site to counter sign any of our documentation. Equally, our personnel may refuse to countersign any customer documents, if deemed necessary and to protect the health and safety.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):Whilst our site-based personnel are familiar with wearing PPE on a daily basis, we will be providing all Plant and Safety personnel with additional PPE during the current COVID-19 pandemic. This may include but will not be limited to: hospital grade hand santiser, disposable gloves, and face masks (subject to the working environment and NHS guidance). We ask that customers are not alarmed if our personnel are wearing additional PPE when arriving on site.
- Safe Working Areas: During the current pandemic, we kindly ask that all our customers provide our personnel
with a well-lit and well-ventilated safe working area, and to respect social distancing in accordance with the Social Distancing Measures implemented by the Government.
- Customer Deliveries to Plant and Safety: As a temporary measure, we kindly ask that all customers delivering any parcels, pallets, or equipment to the Plant and Safety registered office provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice prior to delivery. Permission should be acquired in advance to ensure that deliveries can be accepted.
- Plant and Safety Deliveries to Customers: Due to reduced staffing levels with some couriers, Plant and Safety will no longer be able to guarantee next day delivery. Our personnel will communicate shipments/ deliveries with customers on an individual basis.
- Office Hygiene: Our registered offices, public areas, and toilet facilities will be thoroughly cleaned with
hospital grade disinfectants on a regular basis to ensure the health and safety of all personnel and customers/ suppliers attending our office.
Should you have any questions in relation to our COVID-19 Statement, then please do not hesitate to contact Plant and Safety on 0330 113 7920 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Plant and Safety Limited
Plant and Safety Limited are the UK trading business for the LB International Group, which operates from the Middle East, and Africa. Plant and Safety are national providers of Inspection, Testing, Certification, and Training Services on equipment within the work place including lifting equipment, work equipment, plant equipment, and access equipment. Plant and Safety Limited are an NPORS Approved and Accredited Training Provider. As an NPORS approved training provider, NPORS course attendees will be issued with an NPORS Training Certificate.